A 900 strong Australian state public sector organisation – one of the largest geographically-spread road agencies in the world, covering 2.5 million square kilometres with 14 offices, responsible for highways and main roads, representing almost 30% of the State’s total assets.
To embed a culture of excellence in customer service, including building better customer relationships and exceeding customer expectations. The CEO firmly believed that excellent customer service could be achieved through excellent employees.
To design and implement a major cultural change program engaging real customers to provide face-to-face feedback to employees on customer service experiences within all business areas. The program comprised conducting 36 workshops over a 10 month period reaching 640 employees state-wide, with up to 111 customers joining the process. Employees received and analysed feedback provided by customer panels and identified key areas for performance improvement.
An evaluation of this program provided great results:
- Increased awareness and better understanding of customers’ needs.
- Teambuilding across the organization.
- Return on investment (ROI).
- Reported significant improvements in relationships reported by customers.
- Improved competitiveness, efficiency, growth, human relations, effectiveness and productivity.