The corporate department team of one of Australia’s largest public companies and retailers whose primary objective is to provide satisfactory returns to its shareholders though diverse business operations, including: supermarkets, department stores, home improvement and office supplies; coal mining; chemicals, energy and fertilisers; and industrial and safety products.
Committed to the importance of innovation, this team wanted to challenge the status quo, think out-of-the-box and do things differently, with a view to working smarter and developing strategies and systems to make innovation happen within their department.
To design and implement a highly experiential and interactive workshop, designed according to adult learning principles, to introduce the team to a unique innovation methodology comprising a range of processes and tools.
On completion of this workshop participants were able to:
- Assess the team’s climate for innovation.
- Identify their main barriers to innovation at personal, team and organisational levels, and strategies to overcome them.
- Identify their individual creative thinking styles and the overall team profile.
- Adopt a model for building a more innovative team and making innovation tangible in their department.
- Agree to an action plan to embed innovation in their department.