The product marketing team of a health benefits funds not-for-profit organisation with more than 900,000 members that has been supporting the health and wellbeing of Australians for over 70 years.
Following a market research exercise that identified strengths, weaknesses and opportunities within the organisation’s existing product lines, this team wanted to conduct a high level evaluation of a new range of products and business opportunities that the team had been working on for some time with limited success.
To conduct a train-the-trainer facilitation workshop for the team to learn the application of a unique creative thinking and innovation methodology.
On completion of this workshop participants were able to:
- Fully understand creative and innovation processes.
- Identify their own thinking styles and preferences for each stage of the creative process.
- Establish a creative thinking team profile to work more effectively as a creative team.
- Identify their main barriers to innovation.
- Work effectively as a team through each of the various stages of the innovation process.
- Elicit, cluster, select, refine and develop a range of opportunities for new products.
- Develop an action plan to move forward.